How To Make The Perfect Matcha Latte
What is green and boosts your energy all day long?
Say goodbye to your basic black coffee and welcome the matcha latte into your life. This green drink gives a mega energy boost and is the ideal substitute for coffee.
Matcha is made from a Japanese green tea leaf which has been ground into powder. It has a cleansing effect on the digestive system and contains magnesium. Matcha boosts the immune system (very important during crazy Corona times) and increases your resting metabolic rate and fat burning which will help you lose weights.
Let’s start cooking! Below you will find the easiest recipe for your new morning routine.
“The perfect coffee replacement, if you ask me :)” - Rens Kroes
- Bamboo whisk
- Milk frother (if you have one)
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 500 ml plant-based milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc.)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon powder
- Spoon the matcha green tea powder into a mug or cup.
- Add a tablespoon warm water and mix with a spoon or with a (bamboo) whisk until it is a smooth green mix. Make sure no lumps have formed.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan with the other ingredients and whisk (or mix it in the milk frother).
- Pour the milk with the matcha mix.
- Use a whisk to mix the matcha and milk together until smooth and light green in colour.
- If you so like, you can add maple syrup or vanilla extract for a sweeter taste.
Speedy version: I sometimes heat the milk with the matcha in a milk frother. Pour it in a mug and you are ready to go. You prefer an iced version? Simply add some ice cubes.
PS: Want to learn more about Matcha? Former pro baller Pieter Loridon not only serves and sells the perfect matcha at Cafe Couture but he also organizes workshops about the green goodness and it's correlation with Intermittent Fasting.