7 tips to seek daily happiness in small things
- One minute of appreciation.
Take a minute, sit down and just reflect on what you appreciate and love about your partner. This will fill you with gratitude and redirect your focus to the positive side of things.
- Express your appreciation.
Tell the partner, family member or friend what you came up with. It will brighten his or her day. And as his or her face lights up with a big smile you’ll feel happier to because emotions are contagious.
- Take 5 minutes to see how you can help someone out.
Offer some practical help, some good advice, look something up for him or her, be encouraging and supportive or just lend a listening ear.
- Slow down for 3 minutes.
Walk and move slower for just these few minutes. Let your thoughts slow down.Use the 3 minutes to enjoy what is happening all around you. Truly take it in with all your senses. There is much simple wonder we miss each day because we are so preoccupied with our thoughts and plans for the future. After those 3 minutes are up, continue at the slower pace if you like.
- Be the day you want to see.
Don’t wait for someone else to create the day you want to have. Instead, get the ball rolling yourself. Take action and take the first small step or steps forward:
- Set up a movie night when the rain is pouring down.
- Take a walk or a run in the early morning to get your energy levels for the day and wake up.
- Don’t wait for someone to get back at you, but proactively call them.
- Say yes to something new.
Something you haven’t eaten before. A new song or album. A new author or movie. A new sport. A new way to work or through your town.
- Make someone else happy.
Don't stop at just smiles.
- Give someone a big hug.
- Give him or her a small or a bigger gift of some kind.
- Cook their favourite food if they have had a bad day.
Do you feel the happy vibes already?
For more inspiration: check our Instagram!